Even if you have fulfilled your requirements as a landlord by registering with Rent Smart Wales, you are still breaking the law if you employ an unlicensed person or estate agent to manage your property. It’s therefore worth checking that the person/company collecting your rent or dealing with your maintenance issues holds a licence.
If you’re employing an unlicensed manager, the possible consequences to you are;
- Fixed Penalty Notices (of either £150/£250)
- Rent Repayment Orders
- Rent Stopping Orders
- Criminal Prosecutions and Fines
Additionally, you cannot serve a Section 21 notice to legally regain possession of your property whilst you are in breach of the law, which could have huge ramifications if you’d like your current tenants to leave promptly.
At CPS Homes estate agents, we’re fully licensed by Rent Smart Wales. By instructing us to manage your property, we will;
- Save you the cost of a landlord licence and ongoing training.
- Buffer you from the questions and demands of the local authority and Rent Smart Wales.
- Address any issues or problems via our designated Maintenance & Inspections Team.
- Provide you with your own representative within our Lettings and Accounts departments.
- Offer you continued and considered advice on how best to maximise your rental income.
- Provide you with peace of mind via our Client Money Protection (CMP) policy, professional indemnity insurance, and redress scheme membership.
If you’d like to discuss CPS Homes taking over management of your property, please make contact with us today on 02920 668585 or email@example.com.