After recently helping Kimberly and family sell their property in Roath Cardiff, we wanted to share the experience with the masses!
Along with having children and getting married, moving house is often regarded as one of life's top 10 most stressful things to do...although I do believe shopping in Ikea should be amongst them.
It's a paradox of life that the happiest, most pivotal moments in life can be the most stressful. So when Kimberly - pregnancy bump in full bloom and two-year-old son in tow - came into our office looking to sell her Roath family home, we couldn't help but admire her tenacity.
"We'd previously let our property through CPS Homes, so when I heard they'd started doing residential sales as well, I was confident and happy to try them. Sian at the Albany Rd Branch was quick to put me at ease. One of my primary concerns was keeping the house clean and tidy for viewings. Still working part-time and with my son tipping his toys all over the floor at every given opportunity, I was concerned I wouldn't be able to keep on top of it, but Sian was brilliant. As a mum herself, she understood my concerns and didn't belittle them. Viewings were arranged in clusters and at times convenient to me. She even arranged a cleaner on a week that I was just too busy to do it myself. She made sure anyone viewing the house was aware it was a family home, meaning they were prepared to look past the inevitable Fireman Sam fire engine in the hallway.
We received our first offer three days after listing it for sale. It wasn't quite the amount we were hoping for, so after some negotiations from Sian, we eventually accepted an offer just over two weeks later.
Moving home at 38 weeks pregnant is stressful, so I can't thank Sian enough for relieving some of that pressure from me. We never went longer than 24 hours without feedback, the solicitors were dealt with without any upheaval, and our wishes were always considered and acted on throughout.
I miss shopping in Roath, but our move has meant a long-sought-after driveway and larger garden, which my two boys are going to love!"
Kimberly's tips for 'Moving with family'
- De-clutter before the move...and be ruthless with it! I've already thrown out so much of what I packed.
- Start packing long before you think you need to and mark your boxes with a rough description of their contents as you go.
- Don't be talked into moving house at 38 weeks pregnant!
Family life is busy and far from a typical, which is why we;
- Offer flexible viewing times for both vendors and those wishing to view
- Gain your approval on all marketing material before it goes live
- Qualify all prospective buyers to ensure only those financially able to proceed will be shown around your home
- Offer legal and financial advice through third-party contacts
- Offer honest feedback on all viewings within 24 hours
- Share our local expertise on school catchment areas
We aim to seamlessly take you and your family through the sales process from listing to sale. We deal with all questions, offers and negotiations, leaving you to carry on with family life.
For more information, please call Sian Hiatt on 02920 454555 or e-mail her via email@example.com
A special thanks to Kimberly for their input with the post!